Bronchitis again, darn! Doctor says lots of rest and plenty of fluids, plus some medication, should do the trick. So bear with me today …
What I want to reflect on today is gratitude. Very helpful at this time of year, I try to remember to reflect on the many gifts on in my life, to recognize how fortunate I am. So, today I am grateful for:
- My sweet partner who has been giving me even more TLC than usual.
- Our daughter, who will be home for soon for a two-week visit: yes!!!
- Friends and family who look forward to seeing me, and who find ways to connect even when we cannot see each other face-to-face.
- Sobriety, making it possible for me to try and live the kind of intentional life that I could not find in my drinking and drugging days.
- Access to free health care (in Canada), so I could see a doctor without breaking the bank. And a drug plan, something we did not have for years.
- Lots of options and choices that are a result of being a White middle-class Canadian woman, including a lovely home set in beautiful countryside.
So when I am feeling blue, I think about the many reasons I have to be grateful. My thanks to the wonderful people in my life now or who graced my path in the past. I hope you know how much you mean to me. Much love, and blessings to all.